The middle level social studies education teacher preparation program also includes:
- Organization and philosophy of middle level education
- Young adolescent development
- Data assessment and analysis
- Effective classroom management strategies
- Education technology skills
- Successful intervention designs responsive to the needs of individual middle level students
- Experience with monitoring the results of interventions designed to address the needs of individual middle level students
Classes are small and allow for varied opportunities to work with faculty. The curriculum is organized to foster the development of skilled teachers who can utilize best practices for planning and preparing environments and instruction in middle level grade settings. Graduates will be self-directed individuals who can communicate effectively, make informed decisions, think critically and creatively, and examine ethical issues in order to enhance educational excellence.
Real World Experiences
Classroom experiences give you school-based observation and participation each semester. There’s simply no better preparation for future teachers than real world experience. Observing how students react to different styles of instruction and learning how to adjust in response, will prepare you for a successful career in education.
- Field experiences begin the first semester
- Pre-student teaching placements
- 14 weeks of student teaching last semester
Real World Experience
From internships and experiential learning opportunities to travel and conferences, you’ll have many opportunities to conduct real-world experiences, work with your peers and mentors in your chosen field, and learn first-hand the latest skills to succeed in the real world.
Chair of the Education Department, Associate Professor and Program Director of Early Childhood Education/Special Education, and Faculty Coordinator of Adult and Online Learning
Instructor of Education
Professor of Education
Instructor and Program Director of Middle & Secondary Education and Accelerated Programs
Professor of Education, Program Director for ECE, Child and Family Studies and Graduate Program – ECE Leadership
Instructor of Education, Director of Student Teaching & Field Experience
Professor of Education