Middle Level Education: Social Studies
Become a middle school teacher who and empower students in grades 4-8 to become life-long learners with this specialized teaching degree.
Why study Middle Level Education: Social Studies?
Connect one-on-one with faculty, fellow students, and other professionals through classroom instruction, hands-on learning, and field placements:
- Prepare to work in the education field with children in grades four through eight teaching history, geography, and human society.
- Learn the philosophy of middle level education and effective classroom management strategies.
- Participate in school-based observation and participation each semester and gain real world experience with field experiences beginning with your first semester, pre-student teaching placements, and 14 weeks of student teaching in your last semester.
Receive personalized attention and top-notch instruction in a supportive environment:
- Our Stairs to Success developmental plan for success will guide you through your time at Keystone.
- 92% of students receive financial aid.
- Over 150 scholarships are awarded yearly.
- Elementary School Teacher
- Middle School Teacher
- Social Studies Teacher
- Reading Specialist
- Abington Christian Academy
- Riverside School District
- Scranton School District
- Staunton City Public Schools
Keystone student-to-faculty ratio
increase in jobs over the next 10 years
Median annual salary for middle school teachers
Important Resources for Education Students
Heather Shanks-McElroy, PhD
Jan Kaskey, MS
Jeanie Prall, MS
Karen Arcangelo, PhD, NCSP
Maryellen Tharp, MS
You Belong at Keystone
Become part of the Keystone family!