Keystone College invites applications and nominations for the position of Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs (VPASA). Reporting directly to the President of the College, the VPASA serves in the Cabinet and participates in institution-wide strategic planning and policy development. The VPASA will be responsible for the development, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of the College’s strategic academic initiatives and outcomes while providing vision and leadership to the College in all areas of academics and student life, including key elements of student success. In this vital role, the VPASA is responsible for the student journey from orientation to commencement.
VPASA plays a vital role in fostering collaboration, ensuring compliance with regulation and accreditation standards, and expanding diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives campus-wide. This is a newly restructured position for the College, combining leadership of Student Life with Academic Affairs and Student Success. Collaborating closely with various senior leadership roles, the VPASA oversees internal operations, aligns priorities with the strategic plan, and promotes excellence in teaching and student success. The position functions in a highly demanding environment that requires constant scanning for issues and challenges against multiple priorities and demands on resources. The workload is significant, the issues are frequently complex. The VPASA works to cultivate positive relationships among faculty and staff while emphasizing faculty development and innovative curriculum design. The current focus involves aligning the functions of student life, effectiveness in academic program delivery, interdisciplinary collaboration, technological integration, student learning assessment, and the College’s overall well-being. Serving as the chief academic officer, the VPASA leads faculty in academic program development, community outreach, accreditations, educational partnerships, and initiatives to enhance student engagement, including experiential learning and study abroad opportunities. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to make a real and lasting difference in the future direction and growth of a respected institution in a small college setting.
To be considered for the position the ideal candidate should have the following:
- Earned doctorate or terminal degree.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in higher education leadership along with regional accreditation and renewal process experience as well.
- A strong record of leadership as a faculty member, scholar, and administrator.
- Demonstrated financial and budget management skills.
- Record of increasing responsibility in academic administration.
- A deep knowledge of higher education trends and best practices.
- Record of accomplishment and eligibility for a senior academic appointment.
- Sound judgment and practical problem-solving skills, with a proven record of delivering large, complex change projects effectively.
- Ability to facilitate and lead change with consideration of institutional landscape and application of aforementioned higher education research and best practices.
- Capacity to manage a large organization with a faculty, staff, and diverse student body, as evidenced by a clear record of successful senior-level administrative experience in higher education, preferably at a similarly complex institution.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing a background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Please send resume, cover letter, and names, addresses & phone numbers of three professional references to: Human Resources * Keystone College * One College Green * La Plume, PA 18440-1099 * email: email@example.com