Start Date: Fall semester 2023
Compensation: $600 per student teacher, plus mileage.
REPORTS TO: Chair, Education Department
PURPOSE: The Education Department seeks supervisors to provide support in the assessment of student teachers currently enrolled in various teacher preparation programs. Supervisors serve as resources for student teachers as well as act as liaisons between the College and the field. Supervisors offer experienced and objective perspectives on overall classroom effectiveness. This position offers flexibility of scheduling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct weekly seminars with student teachers as a group.
- Assign journal topics
- Complete all evaluation materials
- Evaluation Livetext Portfolio
- Collect evaluation materials from cooperating teachers.
- Conference with cooperation teacher about grades
- Assign and report grades to the Director of Student Teachers
- Attend scheduled meetings with other supervisors and the Director of Student Teachers.
- Masters’ degree or above in Education;
- Must be familiar with a competency-based model of assessment;
- Must be able to assess and provide recommendations for improvement;
- Must be able to speak and write fluently in Spanish;
- Must be able to drive within a 50-mile radius to schools.
Please send resume, cover letter, and names, addresses & phone numbers of three professional references to: Human Resources * Keystone College * One College Green * La Plume, PA 18440-1099 * email: email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position(s) are filled.