POSITION: Admissions Counselor
REPORTS TO: Director of Admissions
PURPOSE: Supports the work of the Enrollment Division by recruiting students, managing and implementing an effective recruitment strategy in a defined territory. Assists the Director of Admissions in representing the admissions office to various campus constituencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represents the College at job fairs, education fairs, and other community events to generate positive lead flow.
- Travels regionally 8-10 weeks during fall semester, and 3-4 weeks for spring recruitment (minimum).
- Maintains a travel schedule, adheres to travel budget, and submits weekly reports.
- Maintains regular communication with inquiries and applicants, tracks weekly progress on all applications and keeps files up-to-date utilizing student information systems (Jenzabar & Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Program (Liaison’s EMP).
- Interviews prospective students and their families, and counsels them throughout the application and enrollment processes.
- Maintains an accurate office calendar and communicates and reports regularly to the Director of Admission and the Associate VP of Enrollment.
- Responds to direct requests from individual applicants, families, and counselors through phone, email, and texting, as well as assisting families who visit campus.
- Presents at recruitment and/or enrollment services events for prospective and current students on behalf of the College and/or campus.
- Evaluates and analyzes credentials on students’ applications to determine eligibility and provide guidance on academic program entry requirements.
- Functions as a liaison between Admissions and other departments on campus.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
- Overnight travel, weekend and evening work required.
- Higher education or inside sales/customer service experience preferred.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) skill set is desired but not required.
- Working knowledge of CRM and/or ERP systems is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computer-based applications such as Microsoft office Suite and Outlook.
- At least 1 year of related experience.
Please send resume, cover letter, and names, addresses & phone numbers of three professional references to: Human Resources * Keystone College * One College Green * La Plume, PA 18440-1099 * email: firstname.lastname@example.org