POSITION: Summer Camp Assistant Counselor
DEPARTMENT: Institutional Advancement and Strategic Initiatives
REPORTS TO: Faculty Supervisors
JOB PURPOSE: Assistant Camp Counselor is responsible for planning and implementation of daily activities. The summer camp program runs July 5-August 11, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 8:30 AM-3:30 PM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Current clearances, yearly physical and TB test
- Participate in 20 hours of professional development beginning June 19 to be scheduled in the evening hours.
- Attend the Open House Recruitment for Valley View, Bangor Heights and Jackson Housing Projects and Lackawanna Trail;
- Participate in planning STEM activities, which will be implemented in the summer camp program.
Education, Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Individuals passionate about optimally facilitating the development of young children in the context of family and school;
- Knowledgeable about child development and education;
- Ability to supervise children by sight and sound;
- Availability to attend off-campus professional development seminars;
- Availability to work in a summer camp program June 19 through August 11;
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum for age, individual, and culture of children served;
Please send resume, cover letter, and names, addresses & phone numbers of three professional references to: Human Resources * Keystone College * One College Green * La Plume, PA 18440-1099 * email: firstname.lastname@example.org