POSITION: Summer Camp Director
DEPARTMENT: Institutional Advancement and Strategic Initiatives
REPORTS TO: Faculty Supervisors
JOB PURPOSE: Plans and implements a developmentally appropriate, standards-based program that supports the philosophy, curriculum and assessment framework in line with Keystone College and the PA Department of Education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to work ASAP through August 18
- Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of children at all times; alert to the needs and/or challenges of children as individuals and as a group.
- Plan the curriculum and implement the daily program with the assistance of other camp personnel.
- Write the camp newsletter, along with the Oppenheim Family Children’s Center Director, and distribute to families.
- Supervise camp staff on a daily basis.
- Maintain communication with families.
- Assist in the planning and purchasing of snacks and supplies, working within the specified budget.
- Work in conjunction with Friends of the Poor staff to recruit and enroll children.
- Maintain open consistent communication with Faculty Supervisors to inform, in advance, of program needs or challenges of individual children.
- Report to the Faculty Supervisors any cases of suspected child abuse or neglect.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Notify the Oppenheim Family Children’s Center Director and Faculty Supervisors as soon as possible if you are unable to attend camp on a particular day, so that a substitute can be employed for that time.
- Engage in family home visiting and create and implement family in-serviced opportunities to provide information about sustaining learning in the home.
- Assume additional responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Education, Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education. Must possess or immediately obtain certification in Pediatric First Aid and CPR. Must be able to supervise children by sight and sound at all times. Must be physically able to participate with children in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities and be able to lift children and move classroom equipment. Background check clearances including Act 34 and Act 151, names and address of three professional references, two written references, and yearly physical examination required. Must complete 24 hours professional development per year. Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Please send resume, cover letter, and names, addresses & phone numbers of three professional references to: Human Resources * Keystone College * One College Green * La Plume, PA 18440-1099 * email: email@example.com