POSITION: Summer Camp Counselors
DEPARTMENT: Institutional Advancement and Strategic Initiatives
REPORTS TO: Faculty Supervisors
JOB PURPOSE: Plans and implements a developmentally appropriate, standards-based program that supports the philosophy, curriculum and assessment framework in line with Keystone College and the PA Department of Education. The summer camp program runs July 5-August 11, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 8:30 AM-3:30 PM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in 20 hours of professional development beginning June 19 to be scheduled in the evening hours.
- Prepares written curricular plans based on standards and which integrate science, technology, engineering, math and the creative arts.
- Uses the Keystone College environment as a laboratory to maximize learning opportunities.
- Participates in formative and summative assessment according to measures developed to report child outcomes.
- Creates partnerships with Keystone faculty in the departments of Education, Math/Science and Art to utilize existing opportunities for curriculum development and student-to-student collaborations.
- Prepares monthly reports to document progress, define successes and targets areas of improvement.
- Presents curriculum plans for review weekly.
- Documents curricular plans using a portfolio format.
- Prepares classroom and materials for daily activities.
- Maintains daily camp attendance records.
- Records child observations daily.
- Prepares a weekly newsletter to disseminate to families, that documents activities in which children engage.
- Conducts family conferences.
- Provides a positive and professional role model for staff, children, families, and college students; treats children, families, fellow staff members and students with dignity and respect.
- Maintains a healthy and safe environment for the children enrolled in the program by cleaning workspaces and ensuring all safety procedures are followed.
- Assists Director in administrative duties by recommending purchases of classroom materials required for curriculum and equipment.
- Assist director in recruiting and enrolling students
- Works constructively with the Director to solve problems that arise.
- Informs Director in advance of program needs.
- Participates in activities not included in the daily schedule, but that are imperative to the success and growth of programming at the Oppenheim Family Children’s Center, such as open houses and special events.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and conferences
Education, Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education. Must possess or immediately obtain certification in Pediatric First Aid and CPR. Must be able to supervise children by sight and sound at all times. Must be physically able to participate with children in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities and be able to lift children and move classroom equipment. Background check clearances including Act 34 and Act 151, names and address of three professional references, two written references, and yearly physical examination required. Must complete 24 hours professional development per year. Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Please send resume, cover letter, and names, addresses & phone numbers of three professional references to: Human Resources * Keystone College * One College Green * La Plume, PA 18440-1099 * email: firstname.lastname@example.org