DATE: March 17, 2023
POSITION: Teacher II (Children’s Center)
REPORTS TO: Director of Children’s Center
Assists in planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate pre-school program that supports the philosophy, curriculum and assessment framework of the Children’s Center and the PA Department of Education guidelines and regulations.
- Assists in preparing classroom and materials for daily activities
- Provides input on children’s progress
- Understands and utilizes the Teaching Strategies Gold as an assessment tool
- Participates in preschool planning meetings
- Provides a positive and professional role model for staff, children, parents and college students; treats children, families, fellow staff members, and students with dignity and respect
- Functions effectively as part of the teaching team
- Maintains a healthy and safe environment for the children enrolled in the program by cleaning work spaces and checking for safety concerns
- Works constructively with the Lead Teacher and Director to solve problems that arise
- Participates in activities not included in the daily schedule, but that are imperative to the success and growth of the Children’s Center, such as open houses and special events
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and conferences; becomes familiar with and follows all Children’s Center policies
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
CDA or Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education; Experience working with young children in a group setting; Background check clearances including Act 34 and Act 151, names and address of three professional references, two written references, and yearly physical examination required; Must possess or immediately obtain certification in Pediatric First Aid and CPR; Must be able to supervise children by sight and sound at all times; Must be physically able to participate with children in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities and be able to lift children and move classroom equipment; Must complete 24 hours professional development per year; Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Please send resume, cover letter, and names, addresses & phone numbers of three professional references to: Human Resources * Keystone College * One College Green * La Plume, PA 18440-1099 * email: firstname.lastname@example.org