DATE: February 2, 2023
POSITION: Admissions Counselor
REPORTS TO: Director of Admissions
Supports the work of the Enrollment Division by recruiting students, managing and implementing an effective recruitment strategy in a defined territory. Assists the Director of Admissions in representing the admissions office to various campus constituencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages recruitment in a particular market segment.
- Travels regionally 8-10 weeks during fall semester, and 3-4 weeks for spring recruitment (minimum)
- Interviews prospective students and their families.
- Assesses admissions records and makes decisions regarding admission to the college.
- Gives campus tours as needed.
- Communicates with prospective students, parents, and guidance counselors via phone, written correspondence, email, text message, high school visits, college fairs, open houses and visitation days.
- Conducts group presentations at high schools and on-campus during recruitment events.
- Functions as a liaison between Admissions and other departments on campus.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Experience, Competencies and Education
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
- Overnight travel, weekend and evening work required.
- Higher education or sales experience preferred.
Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Please send resume, cover letter, and names, addresses & phone numbers of three professional references to: Human Resources * Keystone College * One College Green * La Plume, PA 18440-1099 * email: firstname.lastname@example.org