Date: November 4, 2022
POSITION: Accounts Payable Specialist
REPORTS TO: Controller
JOB PURPOSE: Maintain effective internal control ensuring safeguarding the College’s assets. Administer account payable functions for the College. Provide administrative support to administration division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes incoming invoices in accordance with departmental policy (e.g., match invoice to approved PO and obtain approval for payment)
- Establish and maintain recurring payments for charitable annuity gifts; ensuring accurate and timely payments
- Professionally communicate with vendors ensuring satisfactory resolution of any billing/payment issues as they arise
- Process bi-weekly check run, ensuring accurate and timely payments of vendor invoice; accuracy and completeness of the check run.
- Process epayments and update vendor banking information as needed.
- Ensure compliance with the Internal Revenue Service regarding vendor payments via the issuance of Form 1099 and W-9 requests
- Process College credit cards by receiving and verifying credit card reports submitted by employee card holders, and posting to Jenzabar.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling periodic vendor statements to amounts in the system
- Make regular bank deposits
- Prepare reports as need (accounts payable journal, student account receivable)
- Send invoices to departments for approval
- Verify vendor invoices, test for clerical accuracy terms and conditions, due dates, and other information
- Process vehicle registration renewals with Commonwealth of PA DOT.
- Maintain the purchasing approval tracks in software system
- Process capital requisitions in the system as needed.
- Insures confidentiality of Business Office records and correspondence by proper safeguarding of documents
Performs other related duties as determined by supervisor
Experience, Competencies and Education
- 3–5-year experience working in account payable, Bachelor’s degree preferred (Disciplines: business, communication, liberal arts major preferred)
- Higher education experience required, comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Keystone College organizational structure preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality
- Understand importance of institutional protocols and policies
- Effective communication skills-written and oral
- Understanding of production of event publications (i.e., email and printed invitations, event programs)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and proficient at MS Word and internet publishing software preferred.
Please send resume, cover letter, and names, addresses & phone numbers of three professional references to: Human Resources * Keystone College * One College Green * La Plume, PA 18440-1099 * email: email@example.com