DATE: September 23, 2022
POSITION: Summer and After School Program Director- Full Time
REPORTS TO: Plans and implements a developmentally appropriate, standards-based program that supports the philosophy, curriculum and assessment framework of the PA Department of Education.
- Utilize community contacts to increase visibility of Keystone and leverage funding as well as secure additional donors.
- Facilitate partnerships with schools and other organizations.
- Positioning Keystone as a hub and activity center for the Pre-K-12 population.
- Research opportunities for funding for various initiatives Pre-K-12.
- Developing relationships with Pre-K-12 stake holders so that Keystone is utilized as a resource in instruction and education.
- Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of children at all times; alert to the needs and/or challenges of children as individuals and as a group.
- Plan the curriculum and implement the daily program with the assistance of other camp/after school personnel.
- Write weekly newsletters and distribute to families.
- Supervise camp/after school staff on a daily basis.
- Maintain communication with families.
- Assist in the planning and purchasing of supplies within the specified budget.
- Work in conjunction with Friends of the Poor staff to recruit and enroll children.
- Implement, coordinate and supervise training operations for staff.
- Maintain open consistent communication with Faculty Supervisors to inform, in advance, of program needs or challenges of individual children.
- Report to the Faculty Supervisors any cases of suspected child abuse or neglect.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Engage in family home visiting, create, and implement family in-serviced opportunities to provide information about sustaining learning in the home.
- Assume additional responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education. Must possess or immediately obtain certification in Pediatric First Aid and CPR. Must be able to supervise children by sight and sound at all times. Must be physically able to participate with children in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities and be able to lift children and move classroom equipment. Background check clearances including Act 34 and Act 151, names and address of three professional references, two written references, and yearly physical examination required. Must complete 24 hours professional development per year. Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Please send applications materials as noted above to: Human Resources * Keystone College * One College Green * La Plume, PA 18440-1099 * email: firstname.lastname@example.org