DATE: May, 2022
POSITION: Director of the Regional Center for Excellence in 3-D Design, Innovation, Education, and Manufacturing (KC3D)
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator Visual Arts or Digital Media /Vice President for Academic Affairs
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Provides leadership, oversight, technical expertise, and course delivery in the areas of 3-D Design, printing, and laser cutting. Ideally, the Director will forge and maintain cross disciplinary relationships on campus, with external businesses and industries, and with other educational entities to move the Center into a fully developed and active campus “Maker Space,” and provide new directions for future development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides expertise in the overall direction and development of all 3-D digital design and 3-D printing curricula, programs, workshops, and courses.
- Teaches 3-D digital design courses to current students and faculty across multiple majors and programs at the college.
- Teaches 3-D digital design workshops and courses to industry professionals, secondary school students and teachers, and members of the business community in the use of 3-D related software and equipment.
- Provides design, engineering, printing expertise and project consult to members of the business/industry community.
- Coordinates activities and provides daily maintenance of the 3D center’s equipment and related software.
- Serve as the workflow manager for services provided and manages the budget for the center. Provides estimates and billing for services rendered to outside entities.
- Participates in activities to promote the Center’s initiatives including conference, tradeshow, and meeting attendance where applicable
- Develops partnerships with organizations and businesses to enhance the image, reputation, and client use of the Center
Guides the 3D Center to generate revenue streams in accordance with a business plan to ensure the sustainability of the center and update equipment as the technology evolves. This may include working with the Institutional Advancement Office to identify and seek additional grant funding for the 3D Center.
Experience, Competencies and Education
- A terminal degree in product/ industrial design, game design, engineering, Fine Arts with a three-dimensional focus, or a related field of study is preferred. Applicants without a terminal degree will be considered if they possess significant professional experience using 3-D digital technology in education, industry, or business.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Teaching experience at the College level preferred
- Significant professional/industry experience in 3-D Digital Design
- Proficiency in operation and general maintenance of rapid prototyping equipment including 3D printers, 3Dscanners, CNC tools and associated software
- Mastery of 3-D software packages including SolidWorks, ZBrush, Autodesk Inventor, Rhino, CAD programs, and Adobe CS
- Concept development and visualization capabilities and a strong understanding of prototyping and construction
- Knowledge of professional design practices, design history, design theory, and design methodology
- Experience in, or a willingness to engage in resource development and fundraising.
- A dedication to fostering a student-centered environment
- Written and verbal communication skills
- A creative, collaborative, collegial mentoring temperament
- An understanding of and enthusiasm for the mission of Keystone College
- The ability to provide leadership and guidance to student workers or interns
Please send applications materials as noted above to: Human Resources * Keystone College * One College Green * La Plume, PA 18440-1099 * email: firstname.lastname@example.org