DATE: August 2022
POSITION: Student Assistant for Veteran Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Veteran Affairs; Daron Hogan Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB PURPOSE: The Veteran Affairs assistant should be a well-rounded student who has a respect for the Armed Services of this country and its members. The duties will include reaching out to Veteran Organizations, planning events centered around Veterans and Active Service Members, providing information to student Veterans and assisting the Veteran Affairs Coordinator with day-to-day tasks.
- Students may not work more than 10 hours per week
- Once a schedule has been agreed upon, it is the responsibility of the student employee to:
- Arrive at work on time, ready to perform position-related activities.
- Notify supervisor in a timely manner if the he or she is unable to arrive at work on time.
- Be considerate and reliable. Student workers represent Keystone College and must maintain the same standards expected of all faculty and staff.
- Dress appropriately. In positions requiring regular contact with the public, attire conveys a degree of professionalism.
- Perform work to the best of her/his ability and act in the best interests of the College.
- Refrain from all personal activities, such as reading, phone calls, social networking, or class work or club activities during hours of employment; and refrain from using office equipment for personal reasons.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong presentation abilities
- Great customer service skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a team
- Ability to take initiative and exhibit a high level of reliability
- Veteran status, Military background preferred
TO APPLY: Please apply by visiting the Student Work Study Page on our website and clicking the Apply for a Work Study Job. Must be current Keystone College student and eligible for work study grant to apply. Visit our web page: http://www.keystone.edu/jobs_at_keystone/student-employment/