DATE: August 04, 2022
POSITION: Biological and Physical Sciences: Student Laboratory Assistant: 1 Opening; (Keystone work study or Federal work study)
DEPARTMENT: School of Arts & Sciences – Biological and Physical Sciences; Contact Kayleigh Delfino; Email email@example.com
- Performs laboratory set up (including locating and putting out lab supplies, setting up lab equipment and basic solution preparation)
- Laboratory clean up (including putting away supplies, cleaning glassware, disposal of certain wastes, and general cleaning)
- General inventory counts and certain clerical work (entering information into spread sheets, mail deliveries, running errands, etc.)
- Completing weekly safety checks weekly to ensure safe working conditions for students
- Students may not work more than 10 hours per week
- Once a schedule has been agreed upon, it is the responsibility of the student employee to:
- Arrive at work on time, ready to perform position-related activities.
- Notify supervisor in a timely manner if the he or she is unable to arrive at work on time.
- Be considerate and reliable. Student workers represent Keystone College and must maintain the same standards expected of all faculty and staff.
- Dress appropriately. In positions requiring regular contact with the public, attire conveys a degree of professionalism.
- Perform work to the best of her/his ability and act in the best interests of the College.
- Refrain from all personal activities, such as reading, phone calls, social networking, or class work or club activities during hours of employment; and refrain from using office equipment for personal reasons.
- Student should be in a science program due to the specific knowledge that is needed to perform some of the assigned tasks.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel is also necessary
- Students should come properly dressed: long pants and closed toes shoes at all times. Students should bring their lab coat and goggles with them at all times!
TO APPLY: Please apply by visiting the Student Work Study Page on our website and clicking the Apply for a Work Study Job. Must be current Keystone College student and eligible for work study grant to apply. Visit our web page: http://www.keystone.edu/jobs_at_keystone/student-employment/