DATE: October 21, 2020
POSITION: Instructor of Education, Director of Student Teaching & Field Experience; Clinical, non-tenure track, 12-month faculty position
REPORTS TO: Department Chair – Education
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Serve as the liaison with all cooperating schools in which Keystone College education students complete required student teaching and field experiences. The anticipated start date for this position is January 4, 2021.
• Develop relationships with school districts, early childhood, and community-based school-age and special education programs to engage as partners and serve as host sites for student teaching and field placements.
• Provide current information to host sites about, goals, objectives and experiences and expectations the education program has for professional practice and competency attainment.
• Continually assess the appropriateness of sites selected and renew agreements based on assessment data.
• Recruit, engage and inform adjunct faculty about the roles they have for supervising and facilitating student competency attainment in field and student teaching experiences.
• Inform and ensure that all faculty and all students participating in student teaching and field experiences have the mandated clearances required.
• Recruit, in collaboration with district principals, cooperating teachers for student teaching placements in line with PDE mandates, and assess both the cooperating teacher and student experience relative to the engagement.
• Provide necessary orientation, assessment materials and information to cooperating teachers for student teacher placements and ensure that all assessment materials are collected for each placement.
• Arrange a student teaching professional development induction program for new adjunct faculty and cooperating teachers and renewal seminars for continuing teachers to share information and to review policies, procedures and PDE up-dates.
• Secure required placements for each student teacher each semester.
• Supervise student teaching adjunct faculty.
• Schedule and conduct a student teaching seminar prior to the start of the student teaching experience, for each semester in which student teaching will occur.
• Place student teachers, track student teacher progress and visit placement sites to assess the efficacy of the student teaching engagement.
• Schedule and conduct an exit interview at the culmination of the student teaching experience to obtain feedback and prepare students for the certification application processes.
• Track graduate employment in the teaching field and provide graduates with information about teaching opportunities for three years following graduation.
• Convene meetings with faculty field supervisors each semester to share information and to review policies, procedures and PDE up-dates.
• Arrange field placement opportunities for fall, spring, summer I and summer II College sessions as required.
• Secure and inform students about the selected placement sites.
• Monitor student engagement at the placement site.
• Collect all field assignments and track all field hours on each student.
• Submit grades for each student on the completion of the field placement.
• Inform faculty about the status of placements for each student as well as placement attendance.
• Secure feedback from faculty field supervisors about placement sites and utilize data for continuous program improvement.
• Maintain and update student information including the field experience handbook and student teaching manual
Master’s degree and teacher certification required. Certification in Early Childhood Education Special Education preferred. Knowledge and understanding of basic computer skills and ability to type accurately. Strong organizational and problem-solving skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Letters of application should include curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, a statement of undergraduate teaching philosophy, and a statement of research interests. Official transcripts with college/university seal will be required prior to employment.
Please send applications materials as noted above to: Human Resources * Keystone College * One College Green * La Plume, PA 18440-1099 * email: email@example.com