EXCERPT: Part-Time, Work Study, Non-Exempt; 4 Opening; please click job title for full details of this position. Must be current Keystone College student and eligible for work study grant to apply.
DATE: September 3, 2020
POSITION: Admissions (4 Openings)
(Keystone work study or Federal work study)
Part-Time, Work Study, Non-Exempt
Contact Cortney Tyler
- Provide information with accuracy and professionalism.
- Develop and foster a connection between the prospective student and Keystone College.
- Send follow-up information at the request of the prospective student.
- Assist in general office duties: answer incoming phone calls to Admissions/Student Central office, help with special projects, filing, daily mailings, data entry, etc.
- Initiate and maintain telephone contact with prospective students throughout admissions process.
- Conduct regular tours and become familiar with tour route.
- Engage with prospective students on social media platforms as needed
- Students may not work more than 10 hours per week
- Once a schedule has been agreed upon, it is the responsibility of the student employee to:
- Arrive at work on time, ready to perform position-related activities.
- Notify supervisor in a timely manner if the he or she is unable to arrive at work on time.
- Be considerate and reliable. Student workers represent Keystone College and must maintain the same standards expected of all faculty and staff.
- Dress appropriately. In positions requiring regular contact with the public, attire conveys a degree of professionalism.
- Perform work to the best of her/his ability and act in the best interests of the College.
- Refrain from all personal activities, such as reading, phone calls, social networking, or class work or club activities during hours of employment; and refrain from using office equipment for personal reasons.
The job requires familiarity and knowledge of the characteristics of Keystone, its programs, the student body, and general admissions policies.
· Requires the ability to use the College’s database system, to have excellent telephone skills, and the ability to identify the informational needs of prospective students
· Must be responsible, outgoing, enthusiastic, articulate, self-motivated, and comfortable speaking to large groups
Hours will be decided upon once a student is hired.
The following times must be covered:
Tour times during the week: 11 am and 1 pm
Phone call hours: 3 pm through 7pm
TO APPLY: Please apply by visiting the Student Work Study Page on our website and clicking the Apply for a Work Study Job. Must be current Keystone College student and eligible for work study grant to apply.