DATE: May 22, 2020
POSITION: Woodlands Campus Student Summer Worker
DEPARTMENT: Keystone College Office of Sponsored Programs and Grants, Liz Ratchford; Elizabeth.email@example.com And Keystone College Environmental Education Institute, Sharon Burke;
JOB PURPOSE: Trail Maintenance Worker for Woodlands Campus responsible for overall maintenance of the trails on the Woodlands campus and assistance as needed with the maple sugar operation, the apiary, and Keystone College Environmental Education Institute (KCEEI) programs. Duties include mowing, weed whacking, clearing trails of fallen branches, sawing, maintaining way finding markers, litter cleanup, repair of damaged interpretive signs, gathering wood for use in Sugar Shack, staining or painting, repair and installation of trail fencing, repair of trail boardwalks, drive College vans to assist with KCEEI field courses, set up for KCEEI workshops, assisting with development of new trail signage and other duties as directed.
- Students may not work more than 20 hours per week
- Once a schedule has been agreed upon, it is the responsibility of the student employee to:
- Arrive at work on time, ready to perform position-related activities.
- Notify supervisor in a timely manner if the he or she is unable to arrive at work on time.
- Be considerate and reliable. Student workers represent Keystone College and must maintain the same standards expected of all faculty and staff.
- Dress appropriately. In positions requiring regular contact with the public, attire conveys a degree of professionalism.
- Perform work to the best of her/his ability and act in the best interests of the College.
- Refrain from all personal activities, such as reading, phone calls, social networking, or class work or club activities during hours of employment; and refrain from using office equipment for personal reasons.
This position requires working outdoors in all types of weather, ability to lift 50 pounds, frequent stooping, lifting, reaching, bending, carrying, and repetitive motion.
Valid Driver’s License and good driving record to qualify to drive College vans.
Personal Protective Equipment required includes sturdy work gloves, sturdy work boots. Workers should follow clothing recommendations for protection from ticks.
Experience working in similar outdoor job and ability to operate chainsaw preferred.
Successful Completion of online OSHA Chainsaw Safety Course will be required before worker may begin duties.
Successful Completion of online COVID Safety Course will be required before worker may begin duties.
The individual will work independently on assigned projects.
TO APPLY: Please apply by visiting the Student Work Study Page on our website and clicking the Apply for a Work Study Job.
Must be current Keystone College student and eligible for work study grant to apply. Visit our web page: http://www.keystone.edu/jobs_at_keystone/student-employment/EOE M/F/D/V