Peer Mentor Position
Start Date: January 20, 2020
End Date: May 8, 2020
The Keystone College Peer Mentor Program introduces first-year and new transfer students to life on campus and its surrounding area. Peer mentors assist students with the challenges they face as they transition into college life. Peer mentors will be enthusiastic, resourceful and reliable students, who can represent Keystone College appropriately to first year and new transfer students. Students who are actively involved in the campus community, and show a commitment to teamwork will be prime candidates for the Peer Mentor position. Students chosen to be Peer Mentors should expect the following responsibilities:
– Conduct outreach to assigned mentees via phone call, text message, Group Me, email or other communication method to assigned first-year and new transfer students to check-in on a weekly basis to connect them to campus resources, clubs/organizations and more.
– Meet with assigned students to assist them with their transition to college.
– Work closely with Student Life to provide the best possible experience for new incoming freshmen.
– Serve as a positive representative of Keystone College at all times, on and off campus.
– Demonstrate an awareness of resources, including Counseling and Well-being, Tutoring, Disability Services and Student Central, available to students on campus to assist mentees.
– To assist the areas of Student Life and Admissions with other duties as assigned related to the orientation of first-year and new transfer students.
– Submit a weekly report each Friday to the Associate Vice President of Student Life to track interactions with mentees.
– Participate in scheduled check-in meetings to monitor the experience of assigned mentees.
– Report any issues to the Associate Vice President of Student Life
1. Ability to work well with others as part of a collaborative team.
2. Must be a junior or senior.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Creativity and the ability to initiate and propose new ideas.
5. The ability to prioritize activities and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
6. The ability to understand the importance of confidentiality and to serve as an ethical role model for others.
7. A demonstrated interest in advancing the co-curricular life of the College through programming and leadership development.
8. Have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
9. Be in good social and disciplinary standing with the College.
10. Represent the Keystone College in a professional and mature manner at all times.
Please send resume, cover letter, and names, addresses & phone numbers of three professional references to: Human Resources * Keystone College * One College Green * La Plume, PA 18440-1099 * email: email@example.com