DATE: August 14, 2019
POSITION: Head Wrestling Coach, (Part-Time)
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director
JOB PURPOSE: The Head Wrestling Coach is responsible for instructing student athletes in the rules and fundamentals of Wrestling; plans and directs the conditioning, training, and performance of student athletes, along with fiscal program management, and recruiting for Keystone College’s Wrestling program while adhering to all Division III NCAA, CSAC, Athletic Department, and College rules and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Instructs student athletes in the rules and fundamentals of Wrestling.
- Coaches team members individually and in groups, and demonstrates game techniques.
- Develops and implements game strategy and position assignments.
- Plans coaching and practice sessions in accordance with NCAA and Conference regulations.
- Oversees the strength and conditioning programs for student athletes.
- Monitors academic progress and status of team members, implementing action plans through appropriate staff when needed.
- Monitors and maintains the discipline and conduct of student athletes to support the image and reputation of the athletics program.
- Recruits quality prospective student-athletes and ensures timely submission of their academic records for admissions.
- Manages all operational, fiscal, and administrative activities for the specific sports program.
- Promotes the athletic program and specific sport through community events, public speaking, fundraising, and marketing.
- Ensure adherence to all Association, Conference, and College rules by athletes and supporting staff.
- Direct assigned Assistant Coaches in the overall planning and execution of the Wrestling program.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Experience, Competencies and Education
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred
- Collegiate playing or coaching experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Valid driver’s license required
Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills required
Please send resume, cover letter, and names, addresses & phone numbers of three professional references to: Human Resources * Keystone College * One College Green * La Plume, PA 18440-1099 * email: email@example.com