DATE: May 31, 2019
POSITION: Substitute Summer Camp Counselors – (2-3 positions)
REPORTS TO: Summer Camp Director
JOB PURPOSE: Plans and implements a developmentally appropriate, standards based program that supports the philosophy, curriculum and Assessment framework of the Children’s center and the PA Department of Education.
- Availability to work in a summer camp program June 17 through August 9;
- Prepares written curricular plans based on standards and which integrate science, technology, engineering and math concepts.
- Uses the Keystone College environment as a laboratory to maximize learning opportunities for first graders.
- Meets the school bus for each arrival
- Participates in formal formative and summative assessment.
- Creates partnerships with Keystone faculty in the Education, Math/Science and Art divisions to utilize existing opportunities for curriculum development and student-to-student collaborations.
- Prepares monthly reports which illustrate progress, defines successes and targets areas of improvement.
- Presents curriculum plans for review
- Documents curricular plans using a portfolio format
- Prepares classroom and materials for daily activities.
- Maintains classroom attendance records. Makes daily observations and records of children.
- Conducts family conferences
- Provides a positive and professional role model for staff, children, families and college students; treats children, families, fellow staff members and students with dignity and respect.
- Maintains a healthy and safe environment for the children enrolled in the program by cleaning work spaces and checking for safety concerns.
- Assists Director in administrative duties by recommending purchases of classroom materials and equipment, and in recruiting and enrolling students.
- Works constructively with the Director to solve problems that arise.
- Informs Director in advance of program needs.
- Participates in activities not included in the daily schedule, but that are imperative to the success and growth of the Children’s Center, such as open houses and special events.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and conferences; becomes familiar with and follows all Children’s center policies.
- Makes home visits to families in collaboration with Friends of the Poor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education. Must possess or immediately obtain certification in Pediatric First Aid and CPR. Must be able to supervise children by sight and sound at all times. Must be physically able to participate with children in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities and be able to lift children and move classroom equipment. Background check clearances including Act 34 and Act 151, names and address of three professional references, two written references, and yearly physical examination required. Must complete 24 hours professional development per year. Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
TO APPLY: Please send resume, cover letter, and names, addresses & phone numbers of three professional references to: Human Resources * Keystone College * One College Green * La Plume, PA 18440-1099 * email: email@example.com