POSITION: Student Assistant – Admissions: Student Tour Guide
Contact Jessica Lopez
- Provide information with both accuracy and professionalism
- Develop and foster a connection between the prospective student and Keystone College
- Send follow- up information at the request of the prospective student
- Assist in general office duties: Answer incoming phone calls to Admissions office, help with special projects, filing, letter flow, data entry, etc.
- To initiate and maintain telephone contact with prospective students throughout admissions process.
- To conduct regular tours and be learn and become familiar with tour route.
- Students may not work more than 10 hours per week
- Once a schedule has been agreed upon, it is the responsibility of the student employee to:
- Arrive at work on time, ready to perform position-related activities.
- Notify supervisor in a timely manner if the he or she is unable to arrive at work on time.
- Be considerate and reliable. Student workers represent Keystone College and must maintain the same standards expected of all faculty and staff.
- Dress appropriately. In positions requiring regular contact with the public, attire conveys a degree of professionalism.
- Perform work to the best of her/his ability and act in the best interests of the College.
- Refrain from all personal activities, such as reading, phone calls, social networking, or class work or club activities during hours of employment; and refrain from using office equipment for personal reasons.
REQUIREMENTS: The job requires familiarity and knowledge of the characteristics of Keystone, its programs, the student body, and general admissions policy. Requires the ability to use the College’s database system, to have excellent telephone skills, and the ability to identify the informational needs of prospective students Must be responsible outgoing, enthusiastic, articulate, self-motivated people comfortable speaking in large crowdsHours will be decided
Hours will be decided upon, once a student is hired. However the following times must be covered:
Tour times during the week: 11 am and 1 pm
Phone call hours: 3 pm through 7pm
upon, once a student is hired.
APPLY: Please apply by visiting the Student Work Study Page on our website and clicking the Apply for a Work Study Job. Must be current Keystone College student and eligible for work study grant to apply. Visit our web page: https://www.keystone.edu/jobs_at_keystone/student-employment/