Education – Degrees & Certifications
- Education: BFA, University of Central Florida, 1988
- MFA, Cranbrook Academy of Art, 1991
- Doctoral study, Texas Tech University, 1993-97
A lesson on perspective.
Keystone Professor of Art, Drake Gomez gives a drawing lesson on perspective and the horizon line.
- Painting (all levels)
- Drawing (all levels)
- Art History Survey I and II
- “Chess.” In International Painting Annual 6. Cincinnati, OH: Manifest Creative Research Gallery and Drawing Center. July 2016.
- “The Absence and Necessity of Inventive Drawing in Foundations Drawing Instruction.” In the Conference Proceedings of the 12th Annual Hawaii International Conference on Arts and Humanities. January 2014.
- William Tersteeg: Sphere of Influence (exhibition catalogue) Linder Gallery, Keystone College. March, 2012.
- “A Remembrance of Things Past: Genre-History as a Subject in the Paintings of Ferdie Pacheco.” In the Conference Proceedings of the 5th Annual Hawaii International Conference on Arts and Humanities. January 2007.
- The Latino Project (exhibition catalogue). Linder Gallery, Keystone College. March, 2007.
- Karl Neuroth (exhibition catalogue). Linder Gallery, Keystone College. October, 2005.
- Ferdie Pacheco: de Tampa y Miami (exhibition catalogue). Linder Gallery, Keystone College. April, 2005.
- Knowledge in Two-Dimensional Design.” (1999, September). In the Journal of Epistecybernetics, 01(01), pp. 106-116.
- A Model for Assessing Applications of Knowledge in Two-Dimensional Design.” (1997). In O.D. Hensley, C.B. Fedler, D.J. Bagert (Eds.), Epistecybernetics: A New Approach to Knowledge Stewardship (pp. 157-170). Pittsburg, KS.
- “Nathan Goldstein and the Education of Vision.” Presented at TRAC2017: The Representational Art Conference, Miami, Florida (November 8-11, 2017).
- “Using PowerPoint as an Authoring App for Creating Interactive Study Guides.” Presented presented at the Digital Humanities and Pedagogy Symposium, Misericordia University, Dallas, Pennsylvania (September 29-30, 2017).
- “A Medieval Model Book for the Twenty-First Century: Reimagining Imagined Figure Drawing.” Presented at the Keystone College Faculty Colloquium (February 22, 2017).
- “What is Memory Drawing and Why Has It Been Forgotten?” Presented at the Keystone College Faculty Colloquium (March 26, 2014).
- SummArt International exhibition. Linde Corporation corporate headquarters, Pittston, Pennsylvania. June 5-July 16, 2016
- Keystone College Fine Arts Faculty Exhibit. Linder Gallery, Keystone College, La Plume, Pennsylvania. February 2-March 7, 2014
- Northeast Biennial Twenty Thirteen. Mahady Gallery, Marywood University, Scranton, Pennsylvania. October 19-November 13, 2013
- America Unsettled; one-person exhibition, University of Pittsburgh, Bradford, PA. January 27-February 24, 2012
- Keystone College Faculty Exhibition 2008, Linder Gallery, La Plume, PA. March 23-April 25, 2008
- “Fine Arts Fiesta Invitational Exhibit,” Wilkes-Barre, PA. May 19-22, 2005
- “NEPA Regional Art Exhibition,” Mahady Gallery, Marywood University, Scranton, PA. October 17-November 14, 2004
- “Art After a Decade” invitational exhibit, Lewis Art Gallery, Millsaps College, Jackson, MS. August 21-September 25, 2003
- “Works on Paper” invitational exhibit, Gallery ‘Iolani, Kaneohe, HI. April 18-May 9, 2003
- “William Tersteeg: Sphere of Influence.” Linder Gallery, Keystone College, March 24-April 29, 2012
- “3 Pent Ayisyen (Three Haitian Painters).” Linder Gallery, Keystone College, September 18-October 21, 2011
- “Sharon Bowar: Time and Memory.” Linder Gallery, Keystone College, March 22-April 26, 2009
- “The Latino Project: Photographs of Lackawanna County.” Linder Gallery, Keystone College, March 25-April 29, 2007
- “Robert Rivers: Prints and Drawings.” Linder Gallery, Keystone College, March 26-April 28, 2006
- “Ferdie Pacheco: de Tampa y Miami.” Linder Gallery, Keystone College, March 29-May 1, 2005
- “Beauty and Persuasion: The Art of Milton Glaser.” Linder Gallery, Keystone College, March 23-May 2, 2003