Tuition deferment is a payment option that allows you to defer all or a portion of your balance due to the College for a given semester when you are employed by a company that reimburses you for educational costs.
In order to be eligible for Deferment of Tuition Payment, a student must fulfill ALL of the following requirements for each semester/trimester in which you want to receive a deferred payment status:
- Have all previous bills owed to Keystone College paid in full.
- Be gainfully employed by a firm that has a tuition reimbursement policy.
- Be able to furnish a copy of the employer’s policy and completed tuition deferment form.
Tuition Deferment FAQs (PDF)
Applying for Tuition Deferment
Submit a copy of your employer’s tuition reimbursement policy and a completed tuition deferment application, and one of the following, by the start of the term in which you want to receive a deferred payment status:
- If your employer pays you at the completion of the class, remit the difference in tuition and 25% percent of the tuition being deferred for the semester.
- If your employer pays Keystone at the completion of the class, remit the difference in tuition.
- If your employer offers reimbursement up front >25%, remit the difference in tuition and the entire up-front payment.
Original forms are preferred, however faxed forms are accepted. Necessary payments are required before an application is approved.
Billing and Payment
If you are taking less than twelve credits, you will be billed as a part time student on a per credit basis. If you are taking twelve to twenty and a half credits, you will be billed the full time, flat rate tuition cost. Financial aid will be based on your cost of attendance
Payment is due to Keystone College within twenty one (21) days from the date the Registrar’s Office makes the grades available.
Refund Check and Book Vouchers
Refund checks and book vouchers are available to a student showing a valid credit balance or
overpayment on their student account. Students eligible for refund checks are subject to the College’s refund policy.