Civic Engagement and Service Learning
The opportunity to serve others, in many ways, is the essence of a Keystone College education. By participating in service projects, you will develop the capacity to meet social challenges, solve problems, and make a positive difference in the world in which you live.
With 24,000 hours of service, Keystone students, alumni, faculty, and staff have dedicated themselves to serving others. The Office of Civic Engagement and Service Learning provides coordinated opportunities to engage in service to the community, both locally and globally.
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
We serve the following organizations:
- American Red Cross
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Factoryville Shade Tree Commission
- Griffin Pond Animal Shelter
- Junior Achievement Aware
- Lackawanna State Park
- Lithia Valley Manor
- Mathewson Senior Center
- Oak Leaf Therapeutic Horsemanship Center
- Ronald McDonald Fundraiser
- Seven Loaves Soup Kitchen
- St. Joseph's Center
- United Neighborhood Centers of NEPA
- United Way
We participate in a variety of service activities and events including:
- Blood Drives for Lackawanna & Wyoming Counties
- Lupus 5K Walk
- Relay for Life
- United Way Day of Caring