Student Employment Job Description
Admissions: Telecounselor and Tour Guide - 4 Openings (Federal work study or Keystone work study)
Job Category: Work Study
Department: Admissions: Contact Ehrin Faulborn by email at email@example.com
Contact Supervisor: Ehrin Faulborn
- To initiate and maintain conversation with prospective students throughout the admissions tour
- Reach out to prospective students through telecounseling and evening calls
- To provide information with both accuracy and professionalism
- To be familiar with tour route and training materials—general knowledge of the college campus
- To determine the interest level of each prospective student
- To send follow-up information at the request of the prospective student (new postcard)
- To answer incoming calls to the Admissions Office, assist with projects, mailings, filing, letterflow, and other general office duties
- Assist with data entry in the Jenzabar System
- To conduct tours of campus with prospective students and their families during office hours and at special events (Open House, Visitation Day, etc.)
- To encourage all visitors to complete a campus evaluation following each tour
- To work with other student employees and Admissions Counselors to help meet Enrollment Division’s goals to bring in new students for the upcoming semester
Students may not work more than 10 hours per week or less than 3 hours per week.
Students may have any availability between 8:30am and 8:00pm Monday through Thursday; Fridays 8:30pm-5pm
Once a schedule has been agreed upon, it is the responsibility of the student employee to:
- Arrive at work on time, ready to perform position-related activities.
- Notify supervisor in a timely manner if the he or she is unable to arrive at work on time.
- Be considerate and reliable. Student workers represent Keystone College and must maintain the same standards expected of all faculty and staff.
- Dress appropriately. In positions requiring regular contact with the public, attire conveys a degree of professionalism.
- Perform work to the best of her/his ability and act in the best interests of the College.
- Refrain from all personal activities, such as reading, phone calls, social networking, or class work or club activities during hours of employment; and refrain from using office equipment for personal reasons.
- Must have flexibility for weekend events and special assignments
- Students with evening availability will be assigned to making phone calls to prospective students
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be outgoing, enthusiastic, articulate, self-motivated, responsible and able to manage private information, comfortable talking on the phone and speaking in large groups
- Must be knowledgeable about Keystone College, its programs, the student body and general Admissions information
- Must be a quality representative of a Keystone College student
- Must be clear in presentation of information, as well as courteous and professional during interactions with prospective students, parents, and siblings and any campus visitors
- Must be able to interpret prospective student responses to determine the interest level in Keystone College
- Must be able to tailor the information according to the tour group
- Must be adept at carrying on a natural conversation
Application Deadline: 09/14/2014