Student Employment Job Description
Student Success Center: Study Partner (3 Openings: Federal)
Job Category: Work Study
Department: Student Success Center: Contact Darlene Catlett by email at email@example.com
Contact Supervisor: Sharon Clark / Darlene Catlett
A Study Partner will assist students with classes, endeavoring to teach the student useful study skills/techniques. A Study Partner may also be responsible for assisting students in such duties as reading tests, as well as assisting students with general registration tasks such as logging into KC Connect, filling out a weekly class schedule worksheet and printing curriculum sheets, schedules and other academic forms. Study partners may also act as a student guide if student needs assistance navigating offices, as well as finding faculty, advisors and other campus resources.
Duties may also include:
- Creating flyers
- Generating reports
- General typing
- Running errands
- Answering the phone
- Covering the front desk
Students may not work more than 10 hours per week or less than 3 hours per week.
Once a schedule has been agreed upon, it is the responsibility of the student employee to:
- Arrive at work on time, ready to perform position-related activities.
- Notify supervisor in a timely manner if the he or she is unable to arrive at work on time.
- Be considerate and reliable. Student workers represent Keystone College and must maintain the same standards expected of all faculty and staff.
- Dress appropriately. In positions requiring regular contact with the public, attire conveys a degree of professionalism.
- Perform work to the best of her/his ability and act in the best interests of the College.
- Refrain from all personal activities, such as reading, phone calls, social networking, or class work or club activities during hours of employment; and refrain from using office equipment for personal reasons.
Study Partners must be in good academic standing, be able to work well with other students, and maintain strict confidentiality.
Application Deadline: 09/15/2014