Student Employment Job Description
Student Success Center: Student Success Center Assistant (1 Openings: Federal)
Job Category: Work Study
Department: Student Success Center: Contact Sharon Clark by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Supervisor: Sharon Clark
The Student Success Center assistant will be responsible for greeting guests at the front desk in the Student Success Center, answering questions, assisting students with general registration tasks such as logging into KC Connect, filling out a weekly class schedule worksheet and printing curriculum sheets, schedules and other academic forms. The Student Success Center assistant may also help if a student needs assistance navigating offices, as well as finding faculty, advisors and other campus resources.
Duties may also include:
- Creating flyers
- Generating reports
- General typing
- Running errands
- Answering the phone
Students may not work more than 20 hours per week or less than 3 hours per week.
Once a schedule has been agreed upon, it is the responsibility of the student employee to:
- Arrive at work on time, ready to perform position-related activities.
- Notify supervisor in a timely manner if the he or she is unable to arrive at work on time.
- Be considerate and reliable. Student workers represent Keystone College and must maintain the same standards expected of all faculty and staff.
- Dress appropriately. In positions requiring regular contact with the public, attire conveys a degree of professionalism.
- Perform work to the best of her/his ability and act in the best interests of the College.
- Refrain from all personal activities, such as reading, phone calls, social networking, or class work or club activities during hours of employment; and refrain from using office equipment for personal reasons.
Must be able to work well with other students, maintain strict confidentiality, and
have strong computer skills (proficiency in Excel and Publisher).
Also, needs to be available to work Thursday mornings from 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Previous office experience preferred.
Application Deadline: 02/28/2015