Counseling Services are provided to anyone in the campus community. If you think a student would benefit from our counseling services, you can refer them directly to Counseling Services at
- Students may self-refer
- Students may refer other students
- Faculty/Administrators/Staff may refer students
- Parents/guardians may refer students
When to Make a Referral
To help you identify those students who may need support and professional assistance, learn the signs and symptoms of distress.
How to Make a Referral
The counseling referral system is confidential and can be used by anyone in the campus community. When ever possible please accompany or refer the student directly to Counseling Services.
- Call Counseling Services at 945-8303
- Call Campus Safety at 945-8989
- Submit the Early Alert Form
- Email the Keystone College Counselors
The cornerstone of the counseling relationship.
Students need a sense of privacy and protection to feel comfortable enough to open up about their issues and concerns. Campus Counseling services are free and confidential to the extent of the law. Counseling records are considered separate from academic records.
However, there are exceptions:
- If the student has a plan to kill him/herself.
- If the student has a plan to kill someone else.
- The student has abused a child or elder.
- There is a legal subpoena for the counselor to testify at court.
- The student provides written consent that information can be released to a third party.