Motor Vehicle Regulations
- All vehicles parked on campus require a parking permit and must be registered. Students must register their vehicles in person at the Campus Safety Office.
- Permits are valid for a one academic year period beginning on August 15 and expiring on August 15 on the following year.
- Parking regulations are enforced all year, including periods when classes are not in session, as well as on weekends. Parking permits are issued to individuals in August and are in effect for a year if applicable fees charged each semester have been paid. All permits remain the property of the College and may be reclaimed at any time.
- When parking on campus KC parking permits must be visible at all times. Displaying the permit is the registrant’s responsibility. Failure to do so will result in a fine.
- Please adhere and display sticker in the front window on the drivers’ side above the state vehicle inspection sticker.
- Permits are made of cling material and may be transferred by the registrant to any vehicle the registrant is parking on campus.
- If you are utilizing a rented or borrowed vehicle for a short period of time and have forgotten to transfer your permit, please obtain a temporary permit from either the Department of Campus Safety, or Student Business Services before parking your vehicle on campus.
- All parking lots and parking areas are restricted in accordance with the signs or other posted markings. Monday through Friday from 7:30 am – 5:00 pm all faculty, staff and commuter student lots are restricted to valid corresponding permits. All resident lots are restricted to resident lot permit holders at all times.
- PARKING IN THE VISITORS LOT BY EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS IS PROHIBITED AT ALL TIMES AND WILL RESULT IN A FINE, BOOTING AND/OR TOWING.
- Vehicle parking fees are billed to students’ accounts on a semester basis, but the actual parking permit is valid for one year period beginning on August 15 of the academic year indicated on the sticker.
- College staff and faculty must park in the specific areas designated for employees. Student workers must obtain student parking permits and park in student lots only.
- All visitors shall park in the Visitors area next to the Admissions building also known as Sisson Hall.
- UNAUTHORIZED PARKING IN HANDICAPPED SPACES, FIRE LANES, OR NO PARKING ZONES WILL RESULT IN A FINE, BOOTING AND/OR TOWING.
- Vehicle owners/operators assume all responsibility for their vehicle and park on campus at their own risk.
- Motorcycles: Apply sticker on the front fork one half inch above the State Inspection sticker.
- Vehicles: Apply sticker on the front window one half inch above the State Inspection sticker.
- To protect pedestrians on campus the maximum speed limit for all inner campus roads is 10 mph. ALL POSTED SPEED LIMITS ON CAMPUS MUST BE OBSERVED.
Date revised: 4/5/2013