Keystone College Policies
Keystone College is committed to a healthful environment for all members of its community. One concern of the College is that of health hazards caused by use of tobacco products, as well as exposure to secondhand smoke. Keystone College supports the Pennsylvania Clean Indoor Air Act of 1988 in its attempt “to protect the public health and to provide for the comfort of all parties by regulating and controlling smoking.” Therefore, Keystone College has created a smoking policy to help create the healthy environment it desires.
POLICY: In order to provide all members of its community with a healthy environment, Keystone College has adopted the following smoking policy:
- There will be no tobacco use in any Keystone College facility at any time.
- There will be no tobacco use in any Keystone College’s owned-vehicle at any time.
- The sale of tobacco products on campus is prohibited.
- Smoking or the use of tobacco products on College grounds will be prohibited, except in areas marked “Designated Smoking Area.”
DEFINITION OF SMOKING / TOBACCO USE: Smoking includes the burning of any type of cigar, cigarette, pipe, or any other smoking equipment, whether filled with tobacco or any other material. Smokeless/Chewing tobacco is also included in this list. Four (4) “designated smoking areas” will be identified and clearly marked for tobacco use. The locations shall include: one near Moffat Hall and Commons; one near Frear/Reynolds and the Hibbard Campus Center; one behind Tewksbury and Hollinshead (Between Sickler and Alumni Halls); and one near Capwell/Harris/Ward Hall.
- All students will receive notice of the smoking policy at the beginning of each semester via the website, Student Handbook, newsletters, discussions, and/or handouts.
- Keystone College’s Smoking Policy will be included in the Employee Handbook.
- All new employees will be verbally informed of Keystone College’s smoking policy by the Director of Human Resources.
- Keystone College’s Campus Safety officers will be in charge of issuing fines for violations of the College’s Smoking Policy. However, supervisors, or other members of the College Community, may report violations to Campus Safety.
- A fine of $50 will be issued for each violation of Keystone College’s Smoking Policy.
Visitors: Visitors are expected to comply with Keystone College’s Smoking Policy.
Each student host is responsible for telling their visitors about the smoking policy and making sure their visitors abide by the policy. Violations of the policy by guests are also subject to the $50 fine.