Faculty Professional Development Funds Policy
I. Categories of Need
A. Developments/Travel ($4000)*
1. Advanced Coursework/ Licensure
- Food (not to exceed $100 per day)
- Other (entrance fees to museums, or other conference-related event). No medical requirements will be funded.
a. Materials (no computers, software must be vetted by IT for possible conflict). This includes research journal subscriptions.
- Food—not to exceed $100 per day
- Other (entrance fees to museums, or other conference-related events). No medical requirements will be funded.
B. Memberships/Dues/Other Professional Subscriptions ($300)*
C. Registration ($300)*
*Amounts may be adjusted among these categories through the VPAA’s Office, so long as the total does not exceed $4600.
Prior approval of any Professional Development Fund expenditure is required. The faculty member must submit a summary of the estimated cost of activity broken down by categories listed above to their Division Chair for pre-approval. A brief explanation of how the activity enhances the faculty member’s duties/expertise or how the activity enhances a College-wide initiative is required. A minimum of a month’s advance notice is required for all requests, unless special arrangement is made with the Division Chair.
By approving, the Chair confirms that the activity meets the criteria for professional development. If the Chair does not approve the activity, the faculty member may appeal to the VPAA.
If the Division Chair approves the request, she/he is to inform the Faculty member and forward the completed form to the VPAA’s Office.
A. If the faculty member wants money in advance of the activity
- Once the Chair approves the request and the estimation of costs broken down by category, the estimate and the type of advance requested (Cash Advance, Check Request, Purchase Order, or use of College Credit card) should be sent to the VPAA’s Office for action.
**The Business Office needs at least two full weeks to process requests.
- Upon completion of the activity, all receipts from the activity or event must be submitted along with a summary sheet to the VPAA’s Office. Any funds spent without an accompanying receipt, that exceeds allotment, or that has not been approved will not be funded. In this case, the faculty member will be charged for the amount unless an appeal is granted by the VPAA.
B. If the faculty member wants to be reimbursed for money spent on an approved activity
- Once the Chair pre-approves the request and the estimation of costs, the faculty member attends the event or completes the activity. Upon completion the pre-approved estimate sheet, a final cost summary broken down by category accompanied by all receipts must be submitted to the VPAA’s Office for action.
- Any funds spent without an accompanying receipt, that exceeds allotment, or that have not been approved will not be funded.
Contact InformationAcademic Affairs