Roommate Change Policy
When problems with roommates occur, students are encouraged to make an effort to resolve their conflicts. Before a room change can be made, the following procedure must be followed:
- Both roommates must meet together with their Resident Assistant to discuss their concerns, Resident Assistant will mediate between the roommates.
- The residents will create a roommate contract with their Resident Assistant, Senior Resident Assistant or Area Coordinator, designed to resolve specific needs/concerns of both roommates.
- The roommates must make every effort to abide by this contract for a minimum of one week.
- If the roommate differences are still irreconcilable at the end of the one week contract period, both roommates must again meet with their Resident Assistant, Senior Resident Assistant and Area Coordinator to discuss a room change.
- It is the resident’s responsibility to present a room change alternative. All residents involved in the prospective room change must have prior knowledge of the impending change and agree to the proposed change.
- It is the responsibility of the residents involved to decide who is moving out of the room. If a decision can not reached, a decision will be made by the Area Coordinator.
- Upon approval, rooms must be inspected by the Resident Assistant prior to the move.
- Residents who are changing rooms are responsible for making arrangements to be properly checked out of his/her room (including the room inspection by a Resident Assistant).
- The Office of Residence Life reserves the right to charge a $25.00 room change fee in the event of students not following proper room switch procedures.
NO ROOM CHANGE MAY BE INSTITUTED WITHOUT FOLLOWING THE PROPER PROCEDURES OR WITHOUT THE APPROVAL FROM THE RESIDENCE LIFE STAFF.
Contact InformationOffice of Residence Life
Phone: (570) 945-8271