Keystone College Policies
Car Pool Program Policy
In order to further Keystone College’s commitment to a greener environment, the following Car Pool permit policy has been implemented:
- Two or more students, each with a registered vehicle, who regularly commute to Campus, will be eligible for a Car Pool Permit.
- Students who commute together (from here on, known as a “Car Pool crew”) must arrive together in one vehicle in the Car Pool area and exit the vehicle together.
- No more than one vehicle owned by those listed as a ‘Car Pool crew’ can park in the designated preferred area at any one time.
- Car Pool permits must be visibly displayed from the rearview mirror at all times. Students must also display their current commuter sticker.
- Once approved, all parties of the crew would receive a discount of 30% of their parking fee for qualified Car Pooling semesters.
- The Director of Commuter Life will provide each “crew” one permit to be shared by all members of the Car Pool crew. At the end of each semester, permits must be returned to the Office of Commuter Life or students will be assessed a surcharge and all members of the crew will be ineligible for Car Pooling until the permit is returned.
- The Car Pooling parking area will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and students must re-apply each semester.
- Possession of a Car Pool parking permit is not a guarantee of a parking spot; it gives the holder an advantage to find a spot in a designated area.
CAR POOL APPROVAL PROCESS AND DESIGNATED AREA
- We have reserved an area of the main commuter parking lot for Car Pooling vehicles only.
- Students are required to complete a Car Pool Signature Form either online or in Patrick Hall. Once completed, please return the form to Wendy Kramer, Director of Commuter Life for verification.
- Once approved, the Director of Commuter Life will promptly email the Car Pool crew names to the Student Business Services office in order to process the discount. Campus Safety will also be notified.
- Download Signature Form
VIOLATION OF THE CAR POOL POLICY
- The College considers Car Pool parking to be a privilege. Any observed breach, obstruction, or misuse of the Car Pooling agreement will be dealt with in accordance with Keystone College Student Code of Conduct as described in the Student Information Guide.
- Failure to return Car Pooling tags by the Car Pool crew to the Director of Commuter Life at the end of the semester will cause the crew to forfeit the Car Pool discount.
- All violators of the policy will be subject to ticketing, booting and/or towing. The cost to have a boot removed is $75.00.
- Lost permits will cost $5 to replace.
- Violation of this policy may result in the loss of Car Pooling privileges.