Keystone College Policies
Student Policy Exception Committee
Purpose: to review student appeals concerning matters regarding registration, student billing, and/or financial aid policies and issue a final determination.
(1) Student Policy Exception requests are accepted only after the student has addressed the matter with the Director of the applicable department.
(2) Request is submitted to the Registrar, who serves as the point of contact for the student.
(3) The request should be clearly written and include supporting details and documentation. Only written requests will be considered.
(4) Request is forwarded to all Committee Members for consideration at its monthly meeting. The Committee meets on the third Thursday of each month. Students are not present during the Committee meeting.
- Requests for exceptions are considered individually based on circumstances presented. Submission of an appeal does not guarantee approval.
- At any point during the process, the Committee may request additional information from the student, and will table the request until said information is received. Requested information must be received prior to the Committee’s next meeting or the appeal will be denied.
(5) Should the request not fall under the purview of the Student Policy Exception Committee, the Committee will forward the request to the appropriate office and the Registrar will inform the student accordingly.
(6) Once the Committee reaches a decision, the Registrar informs the student, in writing, of the decision. All decisions of the Committee are final.