Shirley MichaelsAssistant to the VP of Student Affairs and Dean of Students, Study Abroad Coordinator
Department or Division: Student Affairs
Office Location: Sickler Hall 2nd Floor - Room 204
Phone Number:(570) 945-8252
Since 1989, I have been fortunate to work with students from all over the world. I enjoy learning about the students, their countries, family, culture and language. The Study Abroad Program allows me to help students from Keystone travel abroad and to share in their excitement upon return.
I wear another hat as Assistant to the Vice President of Student Affairs. This position allows me to work in different area of the College that I really enjoy. I am able to work with staff in the Student Affairs department, coordinate events such as Family Day, and get to know many more of the students.
My Job at Keystone
- Assistant to the Vice President of Student Affairs – assists with day to day operations of the Student Affairs Office.
- Study Abroad Coordinator – provides information and support for the College’s study abroad programs, student programs, faculty-led programs, and the Center for Global Learning.
- International Students – serves as a Designated School Official and provides information and support for prospective and current international students.
Hobbies or Interests
- Travel abroad – working at Keystone has provided me with opportunities to travel to countries such as Japan, Jamaica, Thailand, Brazil, Costa Rica, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
- Boating on the Chesapeake Bay