David Elliott, Ph.D
David Elliott, Ph.D.Adjunct Instructor
Department or Division: Division of Communication Arts and Humanities
Office Location: Sickler Hall, Room 302
Phone Number:(570) 945-8453
What makes Keystone special to me?
"The sense of community at Keystone creates an exciting learning environment that inspires all of us--professors and students alike--to realize our potential for academic growth and lifelong learning."
Middlebury College, B.A. in American Literature
Syracuse University, M.A. and Ph.D. in English
College Writing, Introduction to Poetry, Introduction to the Novel, Great Themes in Literature, Creative Writing, History of Jazz
Contemporary American poetry, including interviews with poets at AGNI Online
Books (poetry collections)
- Passing Through, Nightshade Press, 2007.
- Wind in the Trees, AHA Books, 1992.
Poetry collected in anthologies:
- Baseball Haiku, W. W. Norton, 2007.
- Tug of the Current, Red Moon Press, 2005.
- Palpable Clock: 25 Years of Mulberry Poets, University of Scranton Press, 2004.
- The New Haiku, Snapshot Press (England), 2002.
- Zen Poems, MQ Publications (England), 2002.
- The Acorn Book of Contemporary Haiku, Acorn Books (England), 2000.
- A New Resonance, Red Moon Press, 1999.
- The Haiku Anthology, W.W. Norton, 1999.
- Haiku World, Kodansha (Japan), 1996).
- Haiku Moment, Charles Tuttle, 1993.
- "Formal Conventions in North American Haiku," Frogpond, XXIV:2 (2001) "'Praise Is a Generative Act': A Conversation with Pattiann Rogers," Tampa Review, Spring/Summer, 1999.
- "'Home Keeps Getting Bigger': A Conversation with Stephen Dunn," MidAmerica Review, XV (1995). Reprinted in "Contemporary Literary Criticism" Gale, 2005.
- "An Interview with Robert Creeley," Sagetrieb, Spring/Fall 1991. Reprinted in "Contemporary Literary Criticism," Gale, 1994.