Sherry Strain, Ph.D
Sherry Strain, Ph.D.Professor
Department or Division: Division of Communication Arts and Humanities
Office Location: The Cottage, Room 103, 1st Floor
Phone Number:(570) 945-8490
What makes Keystone special to me?
"I am constantly impressed and energized by the fact that Keystone College, and especially our faculty, can so carefully maintain our focus on the best way to educate baccalaureate students in the 21st century without allowing ourselves to become bogged down in politics and other nonsense."
- West Texas State University (now WTAMU), BA in Theatre
- University of Denver, MA in Theatre (Directing Emphasis)
- Southern Illinois University, PhD in Speech Communication and Theatre
- COMM 107 Speech Communication
- COMM 207 Professional Speech
- COMM 301 Communication Theory
- COMM 428 Gender and Communication (on occasion)
- FILM 110 Intro to Cinema
- FILM 350 Special Topics in Film
- Other Communications courses as need and opportunity arise.
"Smokescreen," Palpable Clock: 25 Years of Mulberry Poets. University of Scranton Press. Fall 2004. Also recorded as a Poetry Minute for WVIA-FM.
"Picking a College Major." Pennsylvania Family. Vol. 1 No. 3, Feb. 2004.
"Keeping the Faces of the Students in the Data." Assessment Update, Vol. 15, No. 2., Mar. 2003.
Scene from Maid of Honor in The Good Parts: Audition Monologues and Scenes by SIUC Playwrights, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale Department of Theatre, 1997.