- Department of Educational Technology and Media Services
- Educational Technology Portal
- Live Text
- Student Instructions
LiveText registration instructions for students
It will take approximately 10-15 minutes to retrieve your LiveText key code and register your LiveText account.
- Login to KC Connect
- Click on Personal Info tab
- Click on the LiveText Key Code link located in the lower right-hand corner.
- Highlight and copy the Key Code.
- Open a new tab or window in Internet Explorer and go to http://www.livetext.com
- On the LiveText website Click on the Purchase/Register link.
- Choose Register Membership.
- Select the Student role.
- Paste in the key code you copied from your KC Connect account.
- You will see an online form. Before filling out the information make note of the following:
- Under "Email", fill in your keystone.edu email address. Do not use external email addresses such as gmail or hotmail because LiveText uses your email address to match you to the courses that you are enrolled in.
- Under "Student ID", type in the Student Number located on your Keystone ID.
- Do not type anything in under the field "School Provided PIN".
- Make sure to check the box "I agree to the Terms of Service".
- Submit the information.
Registration Successful: After submitting the information you will see a confirmation page and receive an email stating your registration was successful.
- Download the LiveText Student Basics Guide to help you try out LiveText's features and prepare you for using LiveText for your coursework.
- Watch for workshop opportunities in KC Morning, each morning in your Keystone College email, to get the most out of your LiveText account.
- Login to LiveText and click on the Dashboard tab to watch some of the Student Video Tutorials.