The Children’s Center at Keystone College offers several preschool program options for toddlers age 24-36 months. Children must have reached their second birthday by August 31 to attend this program.
Full-Day Program - 7:45 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.,
Summer hours 7:45 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- 2 days: Tuesday & Thursday
- 3 days: Monday/Wednesday/Friday
- 5 days: Monday through Friday
How They Learn
The Toddler Programs are under the supervision of professional teachers, assisted by Keystone College students majoring in Early Childhood Education. Classes are small to provide the nurturing support necessary.
- Your child will learn through play and our encouragement of active exploration.
- Lessons about physical properties such as shapes, size, color, and texture.
- Dramatic play or role-playing helps children develop an awareness of others.
- Artistic projects, and song and dance activities provide for creative expression that facilitates a developing of self.
- Snack time becomes an exciting social experience that includes simple cooking to be carried out by those who choose to help.
- Physical safety limits are modeled in a positive, non-judgmental way.
- We aid children in verbalizing their wants and emotions by reflecting on their feelings to provide verbal alternatives that will minimize conflicts while enhancing self-esteem.
- Reading stories will expand the child’s listening and language skills.
Parent participation is always welcome. We have an observation area for parents to use at any time to watch their child in action.