Interviewing & Self Marketing Skills
Preparing for the Interview
- Interview Guide Sheet
- Research the Company/Organization
- Identify personal qualities that match the position
- Prepare answers to common questions
- Be ready to ask your own questions
- First impressions count, dress the part
Sign up for a Mock Interview with a Career Counselor and get valuable feedback on ways to improve your interviewing skills. Schedule an appointment with us at email@example.com or call 570-945-8312.
Meeting with Employers
- Prepare your elevator pitch, a 30-60 second introduction
- Have a goal in mind. Are you looking for a job, internship, or information?
- Familiarize yourself with the company
- Be ready with questions of your own
- Have a resume ready, sometimes meeting with employers can lead to an interview