Interviewing & Self Marketing Skills
Learning how to communicate professionally is a crucial part of every job or internship search. Interviews require you to sell yourself to any employer. To get the job you have to be able to sell yourself. Whether you are meeting someone for the first time at job fair or an interview you will need to be confident in your abilities and prepared to answer their questions.
Preparing for the Interview
- Interview Guide Sheet
- Research the Company/Organization
- Identify personal qualities that match the position
- Prepare answers to common questions
- Be ready to ask your own questions
- First impressions count, dress the part
Sign up for a Mock Interview with a Career Counselor and get valuable feedback on ways to improve your interviewing skills. Schedule an appointment with us at email@example.com or call 570-945-8312.
Meeting with Employers
Working with a career counselor on how to talk with potential employers is a great first step, but here at the Career Development Center we encourage students to take it a step further. With employers coming to campus and annual job fairs, there are many opportunities for students to get practice having professional conversations. To get ready to meet with an employer you should be prepared with the following:
- Prepare your elevator pitch, a 30-60 second introduction
- Have a goal in mind. Are you looking for a job, internship or information?
- Familiarize your self with the company
- Be ready with questions of your own
- Have a resume ready, sometimes meeting with employers can lead to an interview
For a schedule of recruiters coming to campus contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (570)945-8312