Mini Grant Program
In 2010, the Keystone College Alumni Association took a significant step in enhancing opportunities for students and faculty members seeking opportunities to fund projects outside the confines of the College budget or other internal funding sources. In the spirit of inspiring innovative projects, which in turn support the College and general community, funding in the amount of $500 per grant is available on a basis of available funding received by the Alumni Association though supported programs and activities.
Who we Fund:
All faculty, students, clubs and associations which are members of the
What we Fund:
All funding awards will be directed to programs conducted under the auspices of
Projects should demonstrate a commitment to:
- Demonstrated outcomes, reportable to the Alumni Board;
- Furthering the education of the students involved;
- Funding the educational and transportational needs of student field trips and studies outside the campus community;
- Improvements rendered in student life as it pertains to the College;
- Maximum benefit conveyed for the monies expended;
- Specifically defined budgeted needs to be covered by the funding requested;
- Demonstration of College community engagement and benefit;
- Innovative needs that provide complimentary and supplemental services not currently provided to meet the needs of the College community.
Grants are not awarded for the following:
- Faculty release time, honorariums, or student/Volunteer stipends;
- Program or project offered by another campus entity;
- Incentives or gifts;
- Professional development for faculty or staff.
Timeline and Deadlines:
Applications Due: April 15
Announcement of Awards: By May 31
Funding awarded: June 1
Outcome reports due: April 30
Award decisions will be made by the Alumni Association Board of Directors at their May meeting.
Grants will be awarded for a period of one (1) year beginning June, 1 and ending May 31. Final evaluation and fiscal reports due by April 30 (Final Report).
Upon completion of the project or by April 30, a final report is required to document the outcomes or progress of the funded project. The final report should contain: A statement of the project’s principal objectives; Discussion of the outcomes, findings or progress in the project; Fiscal report on how the grant funds were utilized; Name of the primary contend and other key people involved in the project.
All unexpended funds must be returned to the KCNAA at the end of the grant period.
The Mini Grant Program is supported by proceeds generated from several affinity partnerships including:
- Keystone Alumni Capital One credit card program
- Viridian Energy Program
- Auto, Home, and Renter’s insurance through Liberty Mutual
- Gradmed Short-term health insurance
Check out the Affinity Programs