Applying for GI Bill
GI Bill® Application Process
- Complete the application at the GI Bill website.
- Submit a copy of your application, DD214 or NOBE, and voided check (for direct deposit) to
Kate Owens (Sabiston Hall 1st Floor) One College Green, La Plume, PA 18440.
- When received, submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to Kate Owens (Sabiston Hall 1st Floor) One College Green, La Plume, PA 18440.
Choose a Chapter
- Review the information on the GI Bill website.
- If you have questions, contact a Veterans Benefits Counselor at 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).
Verify School Attendance
- Go to W.A.V.E on the Montgomery GI Bill Website
- Most chapters require this to be done at the end of each month of enrollment. Your Certificate of Eligibility should provide detailed information regarding your length of eligibility and the process required to maintain that eligibility.
GI Bill Kicker
- Apply for an ARNG MGIB Kicker Contract available from your unit, RRNCO or State MGIB Manager/ESO during enlistment or re-enlistment.
Note: NGB Form 5435-R is the basic Kicker contract, NGB Form 5435-1-R is the supplemental contract used to increase from $200 to the $350 rate.
- Complete VA Form 22-1990, available from the VA's web site.
- Bring a copy of the Kicker contract, VA Form 22-1990, and NOBE to the VA Certifying Official at your school.
- Forward a copy of the Kicker contract, VA Form 22-1990 and NOBE to your VA Regional Processing Office (RPO).
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. Government Web site at www.benefits.va.govlgibill.