Graduate Financial Aid
Graduate Tuition and Fees
2017-2018 Academic Year
- Tuition: $650/Credit - All graduate tuition is invoiced per credit
- Application Fee: $50 - Due with admissions application
- Registration Fee: $25 - Charged in first term
- Graduation Fee: $100 - Charged in last term
A one-time $100 deposit will also be required upon acceptance in order to register for classes. Deposits are non-refundable, and will be credited to the student’s account.
Your Eligibility for Federal Assistance
In order to receive federal assistance for our graduate programs, you must meet a number of eligibility requirements. Briefly stated, these include the following:
- You must be enrolled on at least a half-time basis in a degree granting program
- You must maintain satisfactory academic progress in your course of study
- You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
- You cannot be in default of a federal educational loan or owe a repayment of federal grant funds.
- Federal verification requirements must also be completed for selected students.
Federal Direct Loans
Federal Direct Loans are available to help meet educational expenses. Graduate students may borrow up to $20,500 each academic year (Fall, Spring, Summer.)
Graduate Students must register for at least 3 credits per semester in order to be considered a half-time student. Students enrolled on at least a half-time basis (at least 3 credits) in an eligible program may apply for the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan and the Federal Direct PLUS Loan for Graduate Students. Full time status is considered nine graduate credits per semester.
Graduate students are NOT eligible for federal or institutional need-based grants. A graduate student must be a degree seeking student to be eligible for aid.
1. Submit your FAFSA
A FAFSA must be completed along with the Federal Direct Stafford Loan electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN) on studentloans.gov
2. Complete entrance counseling
First-time borrowers must also complete entrance counseling requirements before receiving their loan funds. To complete the eMPN and Entrance Counseling please visit studentloans.gov website.
3. Complete PLUS Loan Application
Graduate students interested in applying for the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan should complete the electronic PLUS Loan application available on studentloans.gov. You will be notified of the credit decision immediately and the Financial Aid office will receive electronic communication of the decision within two business days. A credit check is valid for 180 days, so you should not apply any earlier than 180 days prior to the start of a semester or academic year.
4. Complete the electronic Master Promissory Note once approved
If your credit is approved, you will be required to complete the electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN) for the Federal Direct PLUS Loan on studentloans.gov. If you have not previously borrowed a Federal Graduate PLUS Loan, you will also need to complete entrance counseling. If your credit is denied, you will have the option of appealing the credit decision or re-applying with an endorser. Further information will be provided to you upon notification of denial.
There are numerous types of Private education loans, but it is recommended that students utilize the Federal Direct Loan or Grad PLUS programs as their first borrowing options. To see a list of some private educational loans, go to ELMSelect.com
Refunds of Student Aid
All student aid refunds are generated by the Student Business Office and applied directly to your account.