Online Learning Defined
Online learning, sometimes referred to as e-learning, is a form of distance education. Online courses are delivered over the Internet and can be accessed from a computer with a Web browser (ex. Internet Explorer).
Online courses can be
- Asynchronous - delivered at your convenience any time or place
- Synchronous - students are online at a specified time
What to Expect
Online courses are ideal for students whose work schedule or family commitments don't allow them to attend classes on campus. Distance education can provide you with the opportunity to meet your educational goals.
- Online learning allows you the leisure of participating in classes from the comfort of your home.
- Requires self-discipline and motivation.
- You should be committed to learning.
- Students are expected to meet deadlines for assignments which may include essays, quizzes, exams, research, and group projects.
- Students are expected to participate in on-line discussions and activities on a regular basis.
Online courses are not easier or less work than face-to-face classes. You will be responsible for your own learning.
Take the self assessment to see if it's right for you.