Balancing the demands of a career and family can be challenging. At Keystone College we believe your educational goals can be accomplished through a blend of the virtual classroom and the traditional classroom, by taking classes through any of our day, evening, or weekend formats, during the traditional 15-week semester.
Online learning, sometimes referred to as e-learning, is a form of distance education. Online courses are delivered over the Internet and can be accessed from any computer with a web browser. Any time, any place, you can log into your virtual classroom to complete an assignment, chat with a classmate, or ask your professor a question.
Online courses can be
- Asynchronous - delivered at your convenience any time or place
- Synchronous - you are online at a specified time
What to Expect
Online courses are ideal for you of your work schedule or family commitments don't allow you to attend classes on campus.
- You can participate in classes from the comfort of your home
- You are expected to meet deadlines for assignments which may include essays, quizzes, exams, research, and group projects.
- You are expected to participate in on-line discussions and activities.
You should have self-discipline and motivation to be an online learning. Take our self assessment to see if online classes are right for you.