Keystone College Office of Online Learning offers the support needed for the development of distance learning courses. Instructors should plan to meet with the Faculty Coordinator of Online Learning, in addition to staff members of Educational Technology.
Distance Learning Resources
- Faculty Workshops
- Distance Education Clearinghouse
The Online Journal of Distance Learning Education
Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching
- Faculty Focus
Access to articles and white papers (many free) about effective teaching strategies.
Access to news and discussion for faculty, in addition to webinars and archived resources.
Online Instruction & Certification
There are variety of opportunities available for instructors considering certification or professional development for distance learning. These include single courses, certificate programs, workshops, and degrees.
- Keystone Certification for Learning at a Distance
- Quality Matters (KC Institutional Membership, discounts will apply)
- University of Maryland Center for Teaching and Learning
- LERN Learning Resources Network
- Penn State Online/World Campus
- ION Illinois Online Network
Keystone Certification for Learning at a Distance
Congratulations to Keystone's newest certified instructor!
Dr. Pat Bederman Miller, professor in the division of natural science and mathematics, recently became the first Keystone faculty member to complete the Certification for Learning at a Distance program.
Read the full story