Middle Level Education Language Arts (4-8)
The Bachelor of Science degree in Middle Level Education prepares professionals who desire to work in the education field with children in grades fourth through eighth.
A concentration in Language arts prepares prospective teachers for the challenging work of developing literacy skills in their students.
The middle level teacher preparation also includes:
- Organization and philosophy of middle school education
- Young adolescent development
- Data assessment
- Effective classroom management strategies
- Education technology skills
- Successful intervention designs responsive to the needs of individual middle level students
- Experience with monitoring the results of interventions designed to address the needs of individual middle level students
Beginning early in this teacher preparation program, students will spend extensive time in field placements in various school settings. Students holding a Middle Level Education degree will find opportunities to teach in public or private elementary and middle level schools in grades fourth through eighth.