About the Program
Middle Level Education: Language Arts (4-8)
The Bachelor of Science degree in Middle Level Education: Language Arts prepares professionals who desire to work in the education field with children in grades four through eight.
A concentration in Language Arts prepares prospective teachers for the challenging work of developing students’ literacy skills.
The Middle Level teacher preparation program also includes:
- Organization and philosophy of middle level education
- Young adolescent development
- Data assessmentand analysis
- Effective classroom management strategies
- Education technology skills
- Successful intervention designs responsive to the needs of individual middle level students
Beginning early in the preparation program, students will spend extensive time in field placements in various school settings. Students holding a Middle Level Education: Language Arts degree will find opportunities to teach in public or private elementary and middle level schools in grades four through eight.
Need more information?
Email Professor Jim Gilhooley at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the program.