About the Program
Middle Level Education: Social Studies (4-8)
The Bachelor of Science degree in Middle Level Education: Social Studies prepares professionals who desire to work in the education field with children in grades four through eight.
The Middle Level teacher preparation program also includes:
- Organization and philosophy of middle level education
- Young adolescent development
- Data assessment and analysis
- Effective classroom management strategies
- Education technology skills
- Successful intervention designs responsive to the needs of individual middle level students
- Experience with monitoring the results of interventions designed to address the needs of individual middle level students
Beginning early in the preparation program, students will spend extensive time in field placements in various school settings. Students holding a Middle Level Education: Social Studies degree will find opportunities to teach in public or private elementary and middle level schools in grades four through eight.
Need more information?
Email Professor Jim Gilhooley at email@example.com for more information about the program.