Classes & Requirements
Curriculum Requirements for Allied Health - Occupational Therapy/Respiratory Care Emphasis A.S. Degree
The courses listed below may not be the most up to date listing of requirements for this degree. Students should consult the College catalog and their academic adviser for the most accurate course selection and degree progress.
In addition to the General Education requirements and the Institutional Learning Outcomes for all majors, the following courses are required for graduation from the Allied Health - Occupational Therapy/Respiratory Care Emphasis program:
- BIOL 1110 - Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIOL 1115 - Anatomy and Physiology II
- BIOL 1125 - General Biology I
- BIOL 1140 - Medical Terminology
- EXPL - Experiential Learning
- MATH 1125 - College Algebra or a higher level MATH course
- MATH 2115 - Statistics
- PSYC 1110 - General Psychology
- PSYC 2110 - Developmental Psychology
- PSYC 3130 - Psychopathology
- SOCI 1110 - Introduction to Sociology
Free Electives: Sufficient free electives must be taken to ensure the student has earned a minimum 61 credits for graduation.
Students will work closely with an academic adviser to select courses and/or academic minors that fit their interests, as well as with the Career Development Center for career goals. While the academic adviser assists the student in planning his/her curriculum, the student is ultimately responsible for meeting the requirements of the curriculum selected.