Classes & Requirements
Curriculum Requirements Information Technology A.A.S. Degree
The courses listed below may not be the most up to date listing of requirements for this degree. Students should consult the College catalog and their academic adviser for the most accurate course selection and degree progress.
In addition to the General Education requirements and the Institutional Learning Outcomes for all majors, the following courses are required for graduation from the Information Technology A.A.S. program:
- ACCT 1125 - Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 1160 - Survey of Accounting
- BUSN 2110 - Principles of Management
- BUSN 2130 - Written Communication
- IT 1110 - Introduction to Information Technology
- IT 1120 - Introduction to Programming
- IT 1130 - Web Programming I
- IT 1135 - Web Programming II
- IT 2115 - Database Management Systems I
- IT 2120 - Database Management Systems II
- IT 2165 - Networking I
- IT 2170 - Networking II
Free Electives: Sufficient free electives must be taken to ensure the student has earned a minimum of 61 credits for graduation.
Students will work closely with an academic adviser to select courses and/or academic minors that fit their interests, as well as with the Career Development Center for career goals. While the academic adviser assists the student in planning his/her curriculum, the student is ultimately responsible for meeting the requirements of the curriculum selected.